About the event:
Saturday, August 5, 2017 | 12-3 p.m. | Main Gallery | Admission limited to 100 attendees
The CityArts Cupcake Challenge is a fundraiser to support CityArts' programming to underserved populations
in the community.
Contestants with the best cupcake recipe can submit their cupcake to be judged by a panel of local foodies.
Three categories will be open for entries:
NOVICE: This category will be open for a person who does not professionally produce cupcakes. A contestant in this category should not have sold or cannot currently be selling cupcakes for profit.
PROFESSIONAL: This category will be for a person (or business) who produces cupcakes professionally (for profit).
SPECIALTY: This category will be for a person (novice or professional) who creates specialty cupcakes (vegan or gluten free).
Want to enter?
- $25 entry fee for contestants
- Capped at 40 participants (15 in novice and professional categories, 10 in specialty category)
- Contestants must bring 4 cupcakes for submission on the day of the event. This will be for judging purposes.
- Contestants should bring additional cupcakes for the public to vote on for best-of-show (up to 100 attendees).
Call (316) 350-3245 to pay your $25 entry fee using Visa or Mastercard. Checks (made payable to The Arts Council) can be mailed to CityArts (334 N. Mead, Wichita, KS 67202) or dropped off at the front desk. Put "Cupcake Challenge" in the memo line.
Want to try some cupcakes?
- Tickets for the event cost $10. This gives patrons full access to the cupcake stations and one voting ballot for best-of-show.
- Ballots give guests the opportunity to taste and vote for the best overall cupcake at the event.
- Event limited to 100 attendees. Get there early to sample all the cupcakes!