2019 CityArts Cupcake Challenge
Saturday, Aug. 3, 2019 | 1-3 p.m.
You’ve been challenged to compete in the second installment of a sweet fundraiser for CityArts! On Saturday, Aug. 4, bakers and bakeries will show off their tastiest cupcake creations at the 2nd Annual CityArts Cupcake Challenge, an event that raises funds for art supplies and equipment for CityArts’ programming opportunities to underserved populations and youth programming throughout the school year.
- Contestants must bring 2 cupcakes for submission. Cupcakes should be brought in a disposable container ready for presentation. These will be used by the judges for scoring. Please drop these cupcakes off during event registration (Saturday, August 3 at 12 p.m.).
- Please bring additional cupcakes for attendees (up to 100 possible attendees). People’s Choice Award will be presented at the conclusion of the event for each category. The more people who get to taste your entry, the better chance you have of winning. You do not have to bring full-sized cupcakes. Your sample cupcakes can be full-sized cupcakes cut in half or mini versions of your cupcake.
- If your cupcake contains nuts or alcohol, please label carefully.
- Participants must check-in at the counting table between 12-12:30 p.m. on Saturday, August 3. Judging will begin promptly at 1:15 p.m. Winners will be announced at 2:30 p.m.
- There is a $25 entry fee that should be paid via credit card at the time of registration. Registration will be capped at 40 participants (15 for Novice category, 15 for Professional category and 10 for Kids category).
- Audience members will be allowed to taste entries on a first-come, first-serve basis. Audience members will pay $10 for the event, which includes cupcake tasting and a ballot to vote for one People’s Choice winner per category.
- Participants must provide a high-res image of their cupcake (JPEG or PDF), cupcake name and brief description of the cupcake they are entering into the contest via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, July 20. This information will be used for the judge ballots and various promotional materials.
- Decorate your space! Last year, participants did a stellar job decorating their spaces that coincided with the theme / flavor of their cupcake creations. The sky is the limit.
THE WINNING CUPCAKE IN EACH CATEGORY WILL RECEIVE:
- Prizes to be determined.
- Novice: For individuals who don’t sell cupcakes for a profit (hobbyist bakers);
- Professional: For individuals or entities that sell cupcakes for a profit;
- Kids: For youth ages 7-15 of all experience levels.
*Only one submission per individual or entity allowed for the challenge.
All entries are digital this year. Entry forms will be available in spring 2019.